This article puts it all together in one place. Boom. Share and your work is done.
life hack: add glitter to patriarchy to make it liberal feminism
a did a diagram of my anger
when the game is set up so you can’t win, stop playing the game.
EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK: JOE’S STRIP-O-RAMA
We’re glad you’ve joined us. You are among the select few, privileged to enter the glamorous world of stripping.
Please review the terms of your employment:
You are an independent contractor, working exclusively for cash tips, so you are not eligible for the following:
• a fixed salary
• health or dental insurance
• unemployment benefits
• workers’ comp
• paid sick or personal days
• access to filing discrimination claims
Although you don’t receive a check, the following deductions will apply:
• stage rental fees
• couch rental fees (for private dances)
• tip-outs to bouncers and Djs
Therefore, expect to leave each night with about 50% to 60% of your tips.
Also, please note that your tips must meet our quota for each shift. If you don’t meet the quota, just tack on what you owe us to your next shift’s quota.
If you are overbooked on the schedule, simply outshine the other girls by selling private dances and more!
While you are not on stage, we need you to help out the club in these ways:
• selling photos and drinks
• selling private dances
• selling promotional T-shirts, calendars, and videos
• socializing with customers - NOTE: always let a customer buy you a drink, even if you don’t want one
You will be pleased to see that our management has taken a lot of the guesswork out of stripping.
• we will set your work schedule for you
• we will set the prices of the private dances/hand jobs you will be giving our patrons between sets
• we dictate the sequence of your set
• by the middle of the first song you must remove your top
• you must be entirely nude by the end of the second song
• after you are nude, you must perform a floorshow, which means crawling on the floor, posing on your knees, and spreading your legs at the customer’s eye level
• We will also control the following:
• when you can use the bathroom
• when you can be in the dressing room
• where you can to take your break
• when and where you can smoke
To protect your safety, these unacceptable activities will result in fines:
• being late to work ($1 per minute)
• calling in sick ($100)
• talking back to customers or staff
• using the phone without permission
• touching the stage mirrors
• prostitution (except when arranged by us)
• taking off your shoes
• fighting with a customer
• leaving the main floor before the DJ calls you off
• not cashing in one dollar bills
• profanity in music
• not cleaning the dressing room
• using baby oil on stage
• dancing with your back to customers
• letting the customers touch you
To maximize your earning power, we recommend the following personal growth opportunities:
• shaving off all your pubic hair
• maintaining a year-long tan
• getting breast implants
Adapted from a 1999 study by Kelly Holsopple, featured at www.escapeprostitution.com"
thanks! we don’t keep those as pets here so i was confused.
To register go to https://forms.wheelock.edu/forms/winter-policy-rsvp/
Brought to you by our colleagues at Stop Porn Culture.
A moment of silence for all the girls and women who don’t know that they’ve been raped or sexually assaulted because sexual violence against women is so normalized and accepted and even encouraged in our society. A moment of silence for all the girls and women who only begin to understand years after the fact. We were right to feel like something was wrong. We were right to be wary. We were right to be uncomfortable. If only someone had told us we’d have been right to say “no.”"